Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rally Books Collection?

+13
Zeus
Mal
jimb
rallypics
reeft1
newt5550
daivideo
CDM
Juha
JOB
turn the wheel
Sal
jusali
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rally Books Collection? Empty Rally Books Collection?

Post  jusali Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:20 am

I've been slowly collecting Rallycourse books as and when the come up cheap on ebay and I really love thumbing through them and enjoy the pictures and detailing of the cars etc.
I also on my searches have picked up some slideshow books by mcklein amongst other mcklein books GroupB, Group4, Safari, Audi etc.
I've just recently come across Richard Balint's efforts Face to Face Balint's Website which have some awesome pictures although a lot less info.
So in addition to my 1/18 diecast I'm also beginning a bit of a Rally library.......
Anyone else collect rally books? Got any recommendations?
I also indulged in this calendar wider view 2014 Got it on Amazon including free post! Can't wait!
jusali
jusali

Back to top Go down

Rally Books Collection? Empty Re: Rally Books Collection?

Post  Sal Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:29 pm

Have 200 or so rally books and there are lots more out there I'd love to get! Trouble is havent got the space really so should rationalise. Difficult to recommend books depends on if you use for decal reference purposes or enjoy reading them. Chris (CDM) trades in books so I'm sure he can help you.

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  turn the wheel Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:57 pm

While on the subject of Rally Books......a super new book has been launched recently called "The West Cork Rally.....a History" by Kevin ODriscoll.........this is a must have for ANY body interested in Irish Rallying with over 1000 pictures.......a treasure to have......it took me 4 hours to flick through the photos......Donie

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:11 pm

I agree with Donie. I have a few books myself. Another one is the Ivan Fuery book on the Donegal Rally - well worth getting.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:55 pm

turn the wheel wrote:While on the subject of Rally Books......a super new book has been launched recently called "The West Cork Rally.....a History" by Kevin ODriscoll.........this is a must have for ANY body interested in Irish Rallying with over 1000 pictures.......a treasure to have......it took me 4 hours to flick through the photos......Donie
I had a look at it last week, very good book. I just don't have the space to collect all those Irish books. Laughing
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

Post  CDM Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:58 pm

Jusali

Send me a pm with your email address and I will send you a list of the rally books I have for sale.

Thanks to the nod from Eddie F I just ordered the West Cork Rally book. Looking forward to that.

Recently picked up the two Mick Briant / Motoring News Rally books - incredible stuff and the new Colin McRae book superb memories.

Look out for a new book by Mike Nicholson - Listen to me... around £12 I think.

Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:55 pm

CDM wrote:
Look out for a new book by Mike Nicholson - Listen to me... around £12 I think.

You have to order it directly from Mike himself. I got it and its a fantastic read. Tears literally running down my face reading his description of being towed by spectators back to Belfast on the Circuit one year. Even a mention of a "coming together" of himself and Derek Bell and Austin and myself on the RAC.

Will not be available on Amazon.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  daivideo Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:35 am

I have several rally books, almost the complete collection of Pirelli World Rallying.
daivideo
daivideo

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:44 am

daivideo wrote:I have several rally books, almost the complete collection of Pirelli World Rallying.
I have the complete set. I have one or two extra - what are you missing ?

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:48 am

jusali wrote:I've been slowly collecting Rallycourse books as and when the come up cheap on ebay and I really love thumbing through them and enjoy the pictures and detailing of the cars etc.
I also on my searches have picked up some slideshow books by mcklein amongst other mcklein books GroupB, Group4, Safari, Audi etc.
I've just recently come across Richard Balint's efforts Face to Face Balint's Website which have some awesome pictures although a lot less info.
So in addition to my 1/18 diecast I'm also beginning a bit of a Rally library.......
Anyone else collect rally books? Got any recommendations?
I also indulged in this calendar wider view 2014 Got it on Amazon including free post! Can't wait!

Not badly priced

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FACE-to-FACE-BOOK-ALL-THE-BEST-OF-THE-RALLY-IN-PICTURES-FREE-SHIPPING-/111072331670?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET&var=&hash=item19dc6d4796
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  daivideo Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:02 am

I need No 9 which was an Audi Sport not Pirelli.
daivideo
daivideo

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:07 am

I did have a few of the annuals some years back but chopped them in. I only have two now but i will never get rid of them - Klein's Rally Cars and Rally - stunning books!
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  rallypics Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:59 pm

here's a nice wee one to add to the collection - http://www.thegroupbbook.com/site.php?c=5&l=1&page=1
rallypics
rallypics

http://www.rallypics.org

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:20 pm

I'll have 2 please.....
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:34 pm

daivideo wrote:I need No 9 which was an Audi Sport not Pirelli.
No 9 was neither Audi nor Pirelli - it was called World Rallying 86/87 . I only have the one copy. I have a spare No 13 Pirelli for the 90/91 season

Were there 96/97 and 97/98 versions of the Huit,Joubin,Vennin Rally Yearbook? Mine start in 98/99.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:00 pm

rallypics wrote:here's a nice wee one to add to the collection - http://www.thegroupbbook.com/site.php?c=5&l=1&page=1

How much affraid 
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  rallypics Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:53 pm

you'd be fond of your books to buy that one
rallypics
rallypics

http://www.rallypics.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Much cheaper alternative even though its French language is Groupe B Les Voitures Interdites by Michel Morelli. A lot of really nice images most of which I havent seen elsewhere and can be picked up for less than £30!

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  jimb Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:08 pm

[quote="JOB"]
No 9 was neither Audi nor Pirelli - it was called World Rallying 86/87 . I only have the one copy. I have a spare No 13  Pirelli for the 90/91 season

Were there 96/97 and 97/98 versions of the Huit,Joubin,Vennin Rally Yearbook? Mine start in 98/99.[/quote]

James, I can confirm that 98/99 was the first year of the Huit, Joubin, Vennin Rally Yearbook. I also enjoy collecting rally books when funds permit !. Slowly collecting the Rallycourse annuals (I have got a complete set of Martin Holmes World Rallying).
jimb
jimb

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:21 am

[/b]/quote]

James, I can confirm that 98/99 was the first year of the Huit, Joubin, Vennin Rally Yearbook. I also enjoy collecting rally books when funds permit !. Slowly collecting the Rallycourse annuals (I have got a complete set of Martin Holmes World Rallying).[/quote]Thanks for that.

I too started slowly collecting Rallycourse annuals. Some are easily enough bought but others were mad money. Then a guy on ebay was selling the full set and I made him a cheeky offer and he accepted it. He wanted rid of them and even threw in a Colin McRae book and a Richard Burns book for luck. So now I have spares. The big cost is postage/delivery.  I will be over for the Roger Albert and will have the means to get them there at zero cost if you are interested. I have 93/94, 00/01,01/02,02/03,04/05 and 05/06.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  Mal Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:28 am

Same as you Job, made a silly offer on the whole collection of Rallycourse so now have multiples of even some rare stuff. Postage to the UK from Aust would be the killer though.

There are lots of rally annuals out (foreign language) there I would like, it is just knowing and finding them at a reasonable price.

Plus I am after the older Mitsubishi Motorsport books as they are a great resource. Have most but it is the old stuff you don't see a lot of. They were produced mainly for the media and the ones from about the mid 1990's onwards have a CD with high def photos included for use in books/papers etc. The oldest ones I have seen are more based on the Paris/Dakar but they then seemed to include all disciplines Mitsubishi were involved in.

Here is a photo to show you the books I am talking about.

Rally Books Collection? DSCN5475_zpsf431c3e9

Mal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:18 pm

JOB wrote:
No 9 was neither Audi nor Pirelli - it was called World Rallying 86/87 . I only have the one copy. I have a spare No 13  Pirelli for the 90/91 season

Were there 96/97 and 97/98 versions of the Huit,Joubin,Vennin Rally Yearbook? Mine start in 98/99.
98 Rally Yearbook of which Pascal Huit was a writer/photographer was the first English language version of the series L'annee Rallyes (French language) which has been going since 82 if the numbering of the books I've got is correct! Huit came on board in the 90s. I'll put some pics up when I can of the earlier volumes.

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Mal wrote:Same as you Job, made a silly offer on the whole collection of Rallycourse so now have multiples of even some rare stuff. Postage to the UK from Aust would be the killer though.

There are lots of rally annuals out (foreign language) there I would like, it is just knowing and finding them at a reasonable price.

Plus I am after the older Mitsubishi Motorsport books as they are a great resource. Have most but it is the old stuff you don't see a lot of. They were produced mainly for the media and the ones from about the mid 1990's onwards have a CD with high def photos included for use in books/papers etc. The oldest ones I have seen are more based on the Paris/Dakar but they then seemed to include all disciplines Mitsubishi were involved in.

Here is a photo to show you the books I am talking about.

Rally Books Collection? DSCN5475_zpsf431c3e9

Great books! Got from 88 through to what I think is the last edition 2006-2007. Looked at the earlier versions but they are purely Dakar which doesnt float my boat.

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:11 pm

Rally Books Collection? Bok1_zps9b5d2811

Part of the problem..Embarassed 

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:20 pm

Ooo so many books. Very nice. Can't see my holy grail unless it's tucked away somewhere Suspect 
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next