Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rallycross Meeting: Mallory Park 22nd July - Anyone Going?

+2
Sal
Hampton Caught
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rallycross Meeting:  Mallory Park 22nd July - Anyone Going? - Page 2 Empty Re: Rallycross Meeting: Mallory Park 22nd July - Anyone Going?

Post  Cowley Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Here it is Steve! Wink (Left to right) : Rob, a 1/1th 6R4, a 1/43rd 6R4, and you...

Rallycross Meeting:  Mallory Park 22nd July - Anyone Going? - Page 2 DSC_5907750WM

I'll send you an unwatermarked version via PM for you to use as your avatar.

I also happened to have snapped this somewhat dapper (and yet equally dodgy?) chap measuring up Rob's rear wing endplates, and working out what figure to divide by 43 to assist him to make an appropriate scale version of said endplates lol! I couldn't resist...

Rallycross Meeting:  Mallory Park 22nd July - Anyone Going? - Page 2 DSC_5920750WM
Cowley
Cowley

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CODE343/414306915273338

Back to top Go down

Rallycross Meeting:  Mallory Park 22nd July - Anyone Going? - Page 2 Empty Re: Rallycross Meeting: Mallory Park 22nd July - Anyone Going?

Post  Cowley Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Juha wrote:Maybe I should drop in at Lydden instead of going home after the German WRC round. Laughing

I haven't been to a rallycross meeting in years. It would be nice to go to Lydden, my dad raced there in one of of his Minis in the early 70s.
Sounds like an excellent idea for a forum meet - anyone for a night under canvas then? Wink
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Sounds like I really need to buy a tent. 4 nights of Hotel Renault won't do my back any good Laughing
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Hey, David, a very large 'THANK YOU!' for the piccies! Very Happy

For the second one, the caption should make reference to 'this somewhat dapper, dodgy but heavily surnburnt chap'. I'm still feeling it now, despite slapping on the factor 60 durig the day and Aloe Vera at every opportunity since!

Yes, I'm determined to have very accurate end plates, which I feel is something we should all strive for during our time here!! Wink

I like the idea of camping.... can you camp on site at Lydden and if so, are caravans allowed? I'm also wondering how early folks can get there? Will the site open on the Saturday afternoon ready for the full two days extravaganza of motorsport on the Sunday and Monday? Sounds like a plan!

Juha, forget the German WRC round, you can get that on TV anyway, I expect. Rallycross is where it's at!

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:40 pm

It's not on TV here! Laughing

When does the action start on Sunday? I could drive over on Saturday, although it would be a late arrival.
Juha
Juha

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:27 pm

Nice proper car pics David

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:31 pm

I will sort out a pic for you and I have Mini clubman base shells here too. the Dinky 1/43 size ones if you need any.
If more Gibson Metros are being done I would be interested in one

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:00 pm

I just had a look at the entry list for last weekend's round. I thought the classes were small... then I saw there's 13 of them. Shocked

I think I just found a use for that 6R4 panelled thing on Ebay. Just need a proper shell, engine, gearbox, ... Bad idea. lol!
Juha
Juha

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:03 pm

No problems Steve - now get that avatar changed! Wink

I actually rang in work sick yesterday, as even though I applied some suntan cream, and also re-applied it several times throughout the day, I only had SPF10 in the car! Embarassed When I got home on Sunday evening, and also when I woke up on Monday morning, I honestly felt quite sick and my head was pounding! A touch of sunstroke me thinks... Embarassed

...and there's you laughing at me choosing to wear shorts Steve - I told you it was going to be a scorcher didn't I? Wink

So how about it then chaps, Camp Diecast Rally Forum at Lydden Hill then?

Many thanks Mark - I will email you a handful of Rob's car for your website this evening mate. Use whatever you want or don't want - I will not take offence either way. Wink

That was a definite problem Juha - far far too many classes! Shocked
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:25 pm

I just need a timetable for the event. When do you intend do arrive there? I might head home from Germany on Saturday and leave for Lydden on Sunday morning.

I suppose there's plenty of choice as far as eating is concerned with Dover being 15 minutes away?
Juha
Juha

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:23 pm

David,

So sorry to hear about you being unwell since Sunday. It wasn't just the action on track that was blistering! Sorry, I need a 'I'll get my coat' smilie at this point!! Hope you're on the mend very soon. Thanks again for the pictures and the one for my avatar..... just need to work out what to do! Embarassed Very much appreciated.

If anyone knows the camping arrangements for Lydden, do let us all know as this will help the planning. If I'm able to get my caravan on site, that would be excellent... though the family may not agree! We'll see. Mad

Juha, I haven't seen a timetable of events, and if it's anything like the Mallory Park meeting, whilst there's plenty of organisation going on, you don't get to see much of it from outside. So I wouldn't wait for a timetable to be published online.

I would expect that free practice will start about 9.00 and the heats starting by 10.00, running on through until the finals, which will finish before 18.00. There are restrictions on the hours of use at Lydden, so I'd expect these timings will be quite accurate. What goes on in between is anyone's guess!!!!! Very Happy

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:57 am

It would make life easier if there were nothing on Sunday, I could enjoy some rallying in Germany before setting off to UK. It's a 6 hour drive from Trier to Dover, and I drive past my place along the way after 2 hours.
Juha
Juha

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:29 am

Juha,

The rallycross is running over both days, so you could do both events, coming over for the rallycross on the Monday only. That woud work well.

Just bear in mind that being a public holiday, the channel crossings may be busy and won't be at their cheap rates! Still, it's an option for you, without necessarily using Hotel Renault!!

Hope that helps. Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:52 am

I'll check the ferry rates tonight.

Are the gates at Lydden open on Sunday evening?
Juha
Juha

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:21 am

Hampton Caught wrote:So sorry to hear about you being unwell since Sunday....
No problems at all Steve - I was back in work yesterday, and all back to normal. Cheers anyway! Wink
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:41 pm

David,

Glad to hear you're well enough to be back at work.... and on here! Very Happy Good stuff!

Cheers and speak soon, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Apparently, if the European Rallycross Championship round at Lydden Hill is anything to go by...

Sunday is usually warm-up, timed practice and Heat 1.
Monday is then Heat 2, Heat 3, and then the Finals.

Likewise, if the ERC is anything to go by, there will indeed be camping at the circuit. Wink

As soon as I find out anything more I will post it here.
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi David,

Thanks for this info. It looks familiar to the format used when I was a rallycross regular in the 80s and early 90s. Marvellous! Something for everyone and keeps all the drivers across every class interested and active for both days. Looking forward to it!

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:40 pm

Cowley wrote:Apparently, if the European Rallycross Championship round at Lydden Hill is anything to go by...

Sunday is usually warm-up, timed practice and Heat 1.
Monday is then Heat 2, Heat 3, and then the Finals.

Likewise, if the ERC is anything to go by, there will indeed be camping at the circuit. Wink

As soon as I find out anything more I will post it here.
All the ERC rounds have a similar timing.

I need to work out the costs as it looks like being €150 for a days rallycross, which is more than my yearly spending on all those BTRDA rallies. Laughing
Juha
Juha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2