Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bmd's projects....or attempts should i say!

+23
didcos
Simon6R4
Mark Lowe
borbase
Dr Tumbo
GKnight
Juha
sbuckley
Beaney
Zeus
Cazzo
gaz_bass
Mal
mconboy
Ted Creedon
GMR..Models
brian
omer yetis
Cowley
Joe Leslie
mcm motorsport
newt5550
bmd
27 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

bmd's projects....or attempts should i say! Empty bmd's projects....or attempts should i say!

Post  bmd Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:22 pm

don't know why the title is plural, this could end as soon as it starts lol!
well i thought i'd do something different and start a thread showing my attempt at converting a 1:18 Solido 205 T16 Evo 2 from Monte 1986, into Ari's 1985 Evo 1 version, also from the Monte.......i know this car is available in 1:43 form but not in the big scale, so having bought a spare one, what the heck!
now this might take months or years, i've no expectations, and i know i could have easily changed to his 00 car used in 86, but that would be too easy/sensible lol!!
anyway, here's the start of the so-called job, who knows what kind of ba__ix this'l end up, but sure its all good craic!!

how she started life.......
bmd's projects....or attempts should i say! Vatanen205a
rear aerofoil removed....two wee holes to fill/paint
bmd's projects....or attempts should i say! Vatanen205b
decals removed as required....
bmd's projects....or attempts should i say! Vatanenc
front quarter-spats removed, two wee holes to fill/paint ; at this point i found i couldn't separate the top from the bottom, even after removing the two screws underneath, obviously missing something but as i'm on nights tonight thought i'd leave it for now..... Smile
bmd's projects....or attempts should i say! Vatanend

bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

bmd's projects....or attempts should i say! Empty Re: bmd's projects....or attempts should i say!

Post  newt5550 Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Your a brave man Billy. No really good luck!
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

bmd's projects....or attempts should i say! Empty Re: bmd's projects....or attempts should i say!

Post  bmd Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:36 pm

i haven't a clue m8 lol!!
was looking at potential problems i might encounter...
1. have to design and create the smaller roof spoiler for the rear....
2. have to remove half of front airdam/splitter
3. wondering whether to leave decals on rear quarter-panels behind doors, they are very similar in size and shape but to be genuine, they would need removed and new ones printed/applied...
after this.........wee buns m8!! confused
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:38 pm

looking forward to seein all this taken place and shape.

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:43 pm

ah cr_p!!!
paul i was hopin none of you 'professionals' would notice me sneaking in with this thread!......... Embarassed

lol! cheers m8
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Leslie Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:35 pm

no pressure now billy but i'll be keeping a close eye on this as i might do the same with my one Smile
Joe Leslie
Joe Leslie

https://www.youtube.com/joel5122

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Nice one Billy! Just wait till Omer sees it and starts giving you some advice - that Pug will be a Manta next week! Wink

lol!
Cowley
Cowley

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CODE343/414306915273338

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:37 pm

nice start mate! this will be a nice one since you have good eye on getting the details...
can you please stick the original car photos in here as well?

some in here tho....

http://rallyazores.blogspot.com/2010/12/rallye-monte-carlo-1985.html
http://www.7-forum.com/bilder/news/2011/essen_motor_show/100_jahre_rallye_monte_carlo/peugeot_205_t16_4822-b_jpg.html
http://www.7-forum.com/bilder/news/2011/essen_motor_show/100_jahre_rallye_monte_carlo/peugeot_205_t16_4823-b_jpg.html
http://www.forum-auto.com/sport-auto/histoire-du-sport-auto/sujet378190-420.htm

Last edited by omer yetis on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:45 pm

Nice project billy. Something different is always good. Milliput and patience is all you need.

Back to top Go down

Post  GMR..Models Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Get on Billy and why not.....Just take your time mate..it'll come together nicely for ya..
GMR..Models
GMR..Models

http://www.gmrmodels.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:10 pm

thanks lads for the encouragement, though brian i think milliput, patience, and..........oh yeah thats it, ability!! lol! Smile
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Ted Creedon Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:41 am

Fair dues to ya, Billy. Love watching these projects coming together and looking forward to this.
Ted Creedon
Ted Creedon

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:35 pm

ah thanks ted, just don't be looking too close at her m8 as my 'modifications' develop lol!!
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:10 pm

lads, a wee bit of advice please, i have looked at several pix of the 05 car from the monte, and some 1:43 models of the same car...some pix show the roof spoiler as a black solid item attached fully to the top of the hatch, but some other pix show it as more of a low aerofoil, ie attached at each end but raised away from the roof along the centre, plus its white!
any confirmations one way or the other would be appreciated...
cheers
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  mconboy Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Good man Billy.
I didn't get brave enough to chance one yet Smile
mconboy
mconboy

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:08 pm

cheers maurice, we'll see m8............. Wink Rolling Eyes
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Mal Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:34 am

Billy, most of the photos of the '85 Monte car show the rear spoiler to be white with a black leading edge. Not a gap but almost looks to be a rubber infill. There is one photo which shows a black spoiler. Remember the rear bodywork comes off so if Ari had damaged the rear, they would replace it.

There is a great shot of the car at the finish podium in the book from the rally giants series by Graham Robsom - Peugeot 205 T16. Page 56. Further photos on pgs 82 & 83.

If you stuff up, you can always make the car look like the car after his massive accident in Argentina. Laughing

Mal

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:36 am

ah thanks v much mal, that explains things, imagine thinking that ari would damage a car, tut-tut!!! Rolling Eyes

gonna be a job trying to find something near that spoiler, to adapt/cut/butcher.........lol!!

thanks m8 Smile

bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:29 pm

ok, so tonight i've started to remove the extended front splitter...................the whole front section is one piece of metal so its gonna be a butchery job i'm afraid...

bmd's projects....or attempts should i say! Vatanen205e

guess there's no going back now lol!! Shocked
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  gaz_bass Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:33 pm

Hero!
gaz_bass
gaz_bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazzo Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:52 pm

I can see it taking shape Billy Wink
Will you need to cut that blue bit away?

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:16 pm

thanks col, prob not m8 as i need to attach a deeper front apron, which will cover it, but not stick out in front like the std one....hopefully anyway!! lol! Shocked
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeus Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:51 pm

bmd wrote:thanks col, prob not m8 as i need to attach a deeper front apron, which will cover it, but not stick out in front like the std one....hopefully anyway!! lol! Shocked

Plasticard, Im sure its what George uses for his trailers
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:13 am

aye the very thing, thanks dave...............had a first run at forming a rear roof spoiler too, rough obviously at the moment... but gives me something to start with....

bmd's projects....or attempts should i say! Vatanen205f

bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  gaz_bass Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:27 am

bmd wrote:aye the very thing, thanks dave...............had a first run at forming a rear roof spoiler too, rough obviously at the moment... but gives me something to start with....

bmd's projects....or attempts should i say! Vatanen205f

You got big cahonies there Billy, respect to you - what's next - ice sculpting?? lol!
gaz_bass
gaz_bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next