Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epic rally pictures

+9
omer yetis
Hampton Caught
bmd
rallypics
Ted Creedon
turn the wheel
newt5550
Zeus
brian
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Epic rally pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: Epic rally pictures

Post  bmd Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:18 am

aye you wouldn't know nowadays, anybody can make any pic I guess.... Rolling Eyes
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:34 pm

There are multiple variations on the same shot, it exists with a differently liveried Celica and Supra. Different angles too. They are genuine photos, but It's a setup in the way that the rally never passed that particular place at the right time of day for the mountain to be visible. The cars were borrowed from Toyota, presumably during testing, to have them in the right place at the right time. I think they were driven by mechanics. Also, the bystanders had to be paid as they were too scared to stand so close with a a car flying by a such speed.

Not sure how much truth is in all of it, but I'm reasonably sure nothing was shopped on it.
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:02 am

Under current RACMSA spectating rules those tribesmen wouldn't be allowed to stand there and you wouldn't be able to see the mountain for red and white tape and Rallyfuture notice boards....

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  CDM Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:39 pm

KLAMB

"I'm PRETTY sure that I once read somewhere that this pic was taken with the car stopped and up on jacks, which were than removed from the finished picture. Still a great shot though."

Lots of chat about this photo.

The actual truth lies hereā€¦

Jim Bamber was the cartoonist for Berniesport magazine (ooops sorry I mean Autosport magazine!!). The cartoons were cutting and edgy but absolutely brilliantly conceived and drawn.

So from an Autosport published in 1987 this cartoon appeared. This one here is copied from the booklet made each year called Yumping Yarns which carries all the cartoons from the year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2