Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Citroen quit WRC with immediate effect

4 posters

Go down

Citroen quit WRC with immediate effect Empty Citroen quit WRC with immediate effect

Post  Sal the 2nd Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:05 pm

Was heavily rumoured however had been expected at the end of 2020 however looks like they are blaming Ogier's departure as the reason. Looks like the end of Kris's career at the top level as well as few others.
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Citroen quit WRC with immediate effect Empty Re: Citroen quit WRC with immediate effect

Post  bmd Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:20 pm

aye as you say chis it has been talked about last few days...shame on several different levels.... Crying or Very sad
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Citroen quit WRC with immediate effect Empty Re: Citroen quit WRC with immediate effect

Post  David Napier Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:34 pm

I think this shows something of the Citroen mentality, and a lot of why the WRC is still doomed to be a minority sport. Any sport must give value to all competitors to thrive, WRC doesn't, and hasn't for a long time. I don't know the answers, but WRC rules have changed a couple of times bringing fresh manu interest and competitors, but Ford/MSport are they only one who have been able to see a long lack of top success through, everyone else disappears when the results get tough. Regarding Citroen mentality, its always been my belief the they never quite understood why they had the successes they did in WRC, and therefore didn't know what to do when it got tough.

I hope that Meeke, Loeb, Mikkelsen, Ostberg and JML are finished in anything more than an occasional supporting one off drives, they have had their chances, new blood must get its chance, Tanak is the new measure, but it took several seasons to get him to his potential I really hope Breen and some other younger drivers get a proper chance

David Napier

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:32 pm

I think the way forward is to drop the WRC cars and run R5 at the top. If you look at how many carmakers have R5 car: Skoda, Ford, VW, Citroen, Hyundai, Mitsubishi. Toyota could develop a Yaris to R5.
This will make it cheaper to build and run a car, the privateers will have a better chance of coming forward.  I said last week Citroen would not bother anymore if Ogier left.
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down