Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long do you normally wait for someone to pay you on ebay?

+4
newt5550
mcm motorsport
Simon6R4
Beaney
8 posters

Go down

How long do you normally wait for someone to pay you on ebay? Empty How long do you normally wait for someone to pay you on ebay?

Post  Beaney Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:02 pm

Just curious?? maybe im very inpatient, but... still awaiting payment on COI model, the bidder/buyer was able to go online and outbid someone last minute to win the model, the invoice was sent straight away, and still nothing? lol

ive sent the buyer a msg, but no reply either...

what do you do in this case? wait a few days then report them? an give the other bidders a chance? or relist?

Beaney
Beaney

Back to top Go down

How long do you normally wait for someone to pay you on ebay? Empty Re: How long do you normally wait for someone to pay you on ebay?

Post  Simon6R4 Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:08 pm

When did it finish Mark?

I have previously had buyers not pay for a few days. I think Ebay automatically sends them a payment reminder after 3 days.

Also if they bid in the last few seconds they probably used an auction sniper and may not have been there in person to place the bid
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

How long do you normally wait for someone to pay you on ebay? Empty Re: How long do you normally wait for someone to pay you on ebay?

Post  mcm motorsport Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:12 pm

Simon6R4 wrote:When did it finish Mark?

I have previously had buyers not pay for a few days. I think Ebay automatically sends them a payment reminder after 3 days.

Also if they bid in the last few seconds they probably used an auction sniper and may not have been there in person to place the bid

done that a few times in the past myself.
you cant do anything mark for at least 7days legally.

Last edited by mcm motorsport on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaney Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:12 pm

finished 9.30 last night (yes very inpatient I know lol - but normally when im bidding/watching, and I win, I pay right away.. lol) I sent an invoice anyways, not sure how the ins an outs of ebay work as I never sell, I just buy! lol, so the invoice was sent twice then if ebay send one aswell lol, and also sent a message to the seller...

give it a few days then? lol
Beaney
Beaney

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:16 pm

I normally after 5 days send a reminder and once 7 days is up i put in a complaint of non payment through ebay. I take no prisoners lol.
Give it a few more days, i would.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:17 pm

I would give a few days.

Usually Ebay send a 'you have won this item' please pay the seller message soon after the item finishes and then if they haven't paid in 3 days I think it is Ebay send another 'payment reminder message'
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaney Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:20 pm

thanks lads for the info Smile ill give it a few days an then see what happens! maybe geniune enough reason..

i just lack in patients lol
Beaney
Beaney

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:21 pm

calm doooowwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnn m8! Smile
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:45 pm

You'l need to give it a few days Mark

If im bidding on an item i know i will win (like those models that you will pay anything for), i will have the funds already in my paypal. If i win an item that i put a sneaky bid in, not expecting to win it, i wont have the funds in my paypal and it will take a few days to go across.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazzo Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:13 pm

Mark you can send the buyer an invoice to let him know he has won the model and it may speed things up a bit,
I think you have to wait about 7days before you can open a complaint of non payment, then the buyer has about 3 or 5 days to respond,

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:19 am

Any payment yet mark?

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaney Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:36 am

Yup yesterday lol. Model sent today. All good Smile
Beaney
Beaney

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:17 am

Beaney wrote:Yup yesterday lol. Model sent today. All good Smile

good good.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:19 pm

...... and R.E.L.A.X.! Sleep Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down