Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;)

+25
Sal
Mark Lowe
RORY O CONNOR
Juha
Ted Creedon
canariolpa
scooby-doo1962
potiman
ovlovman
Cazzo
Ferdi
Cardy
Simon6R4
rs3
mconboy
Dr Tumbo
reeft1
gerardwrm
bmd
Hampton Caught
brian
focuswrc
sbuckley
newt5550
omer yetis
29 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 9 Empty Re: I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;)

Post  Cess Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:05 pm

Incredible. I'm in awe.

Cess

Back to top Go down

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 9 Empty Re: I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;)

Post  Hampton Caught Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:51 pm

Omer,

You continue to astound me with your attention to detail. Brilliant! Very Happy

I hesitate to ask, but does the smaller diameter rear brake matter that much? It's going to be VERY difficult to find something that you can adapt, I suspect.

Congratulations once again. Awesome work. cheers

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Great work Omer. Its hard to believe this was once a road car!

I agree with Steve, It will be next to impossible to find matching rear brakes to match up. 99.99% of people will not see the difference. 100% would not have spotted it until you said it. You have invested enough time and money on this model to be allowed take this short cut.

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:28 pm

newt5550 wrote:Detail is insane.
thanks Smile

Cess wrote:Incredible. I'm in awe.
glad you liked it!

Hampton Caught wrote:Omer,

You continue to astound me with your attention to detail.  Brilliant!  Very Happy

I hesitate to ask, but does the smaller diameter rear brake matter that much?  It's going to be VERY difficult to find something that you can adapt, I suspect.

Congratulations once again.  Awesome work.  cheers

Cheers, Steve

glad your enjoying the build Steve...
Your totally right, it does not that much matter and going to be hard to find one... I know it very well. but been spending a lot of time and efforts on this build to make her as accurate as possible. therefore, I would like to try my chance to make her as right as I can,
let's see how it goes, worst case I will use the ones in hand...

brian wrote:Great work Omer. Its hard to believe this was once a road car!
I agree with Steve, It will be next to impossible to find matching rear brakes to match up. 99.99% of people will not see the difference. 100% would not have spotted it until you said it. You have invested enough time and money on this model to be allowed take this short cut.

Cheers Brian. I can't believe I also did so much on her. its almost 90% different then the Norev build Smile
and you guys are totally right on the brakes... but as mentioned above... I will try and see what can do.

thanks for the great comments and inputs lads..
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  Cess Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:36 pm

I love reading your threads. They are great

Cess

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:25 am

vow almost four months since I had an update on the Mini....
I am seriously slow on modelling but I have reasons tho Sad

anyway.... here is a teaser after she started to have her make up Cool

just remember this is just a first mock up to see how her new color looks like... many more details and paint job to follow hopefully soon to complete her body and paint work....

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 9 IMG_6355_zpsieo6rlxg
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:04 am

Excellent!
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  David Napier Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:55 pm

Looking well Omer, it takes a huge amount of time and effort to do what you do on your builds, respect

David Napier

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:11 pm

Looking good
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:45 am

reeft1 wrote:Excellent!

David Napier wrote:Looking well Omer, it takes a huge amount of time and effort to do what you do on your builds, respect

newt5550 wrote:Looking good

Once again, thank you very much gentlemen.
and yes David, it takes me ages to build these models as I am becoming a slower type day by day. I like to make researches to match the 1/1 car and while doing this to find the correct parts or scratch building parts is taking longer time and efforts then I have been thinking of.
and of course the biggest reason for these models to take forever is that my laziness Smile
hope at the end, all efforts and time consumed on them will pay off and I can bring out nice models.
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:19 am

Getting her carbon trims done Wink

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 9 IMG_6753_zpshhlnwtcd
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:59 pm

Looking lovely, Omer. I like the carbon trims very much.

You're clearly teasing us with parts of the model in paint. Laughing   Always a joy to see your skilled workmanship.

I've started building roll cages for my 1/43 scale models where these are built on road car bodies. So far, they have been very effective and am delighted to tell you that your MINI thread has been instrumental in that. I wouldn't have tried if I hadn't seen your work here.

Thanks again for sharing your (hard) work with us.

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:29 am

Dear Steve;

this is one of the most motivating messages I got! thank you very much for your kind words.

I believe the reason we are members of these forums is to share our passion, hobby and more importantly exchange informations and ideas about the models and how to builds.
I am also learning and having great ideas from you all while trying to improve my skills each and other model I am building. thats one of the reasons it took me ages to complete a model.
for me to build a model is not all about skills or techniques but also gathering informations, videos, photos about the cars. this also helps me and pushes me to scratch build many new parts while I also need to learn new skills and search for new materials.

I believe these and many others makes this hobby more interesting for me.

I am very much looking forward to finish this build and hope to crack on with others soon as well..

thanks again for the kind words and support
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeus Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:40 am

This is outstanding Omer Shocked
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:41 am

cheers mate, glad you are enjoying the build
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:13 pm

She is still alive and had eye surgery today Wink
trying to fit the new lenses....
this was a big step forward for his build and thanks to a Portuguese builder help me to shape them lenses correctly and cast them....

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 9 18193900_660853447446884_8005532360670496933_n_zpsw5fepu97

next up will be the wing mirrors. they look as if they are going to be challenging as well due to their unique shape...
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  Ted Creedon Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Such an amazing piece. Excellent, Omer.
Ted Creedon
Ted Creedon

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:16 pm

Thank you Ted for your kind message. if can finish she will be a nice one in my collection for sure.
still many scratch builds putting me away from finishing her and had some problems with the decals. so not sure what to do at this moment...
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9