Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Rallycross Championship 2018 - Lydden Hill April 2nd

5 posters

Go down

British Rallycross Championship 2018 - Lydden Hill April 2nd Empty British Rallycross Championship 2018 - Lydden Hill April 2nd

Post  Hampton Caught Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:58 pm

Well guys, I am very much looking forwards to the new rallycross season which will be starting soon. The opening round of the MSA British Rallycross Championship is at Silverstone, the first time the sport has been there.

I'm particularly excited by the Easter Monday event at Lydden, round 2 of the championship. I'm going to be competing in the Suzuki Swift class that day, fulfilling a lifetime's ambition racing a real rallycross car at a real rallycross event and at my favourite circuit, Lydden Hill. I'm hiring a Peter Gwynne Motorsport Swift for the day and before then will have a half-day tutorial with Peter himself.

The 2018 MSA British Championship looks like this:

1 - Saturday 17 March - Silverstone
2 - Monday 02 April - Lydden Hill
3 - Sunday 06 May - Croft
4 - Saturday 23 June - Pembrey
5 - Sunday 24 June - Pembrey
6 - Sunday 29 July - Croft
7 - Monday 27 August - Lydden Hill
8 - Sunday 23 September - Pembrey
9 - Saturday 03 November - Silverstone

Hope to see some of you guys during the season, either to laugh/ cheer me on t round 2 or see the latest (still growing) display of rallycross models at the (most of the) other rounds.

I'll keep you posted!

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

British Rallycross Championship 2018 - Lydden Hill April 2nd Empty Re: British Rallycross Championship 2018 - Lydden Hill April 2nd

Post  Sal the 2nd Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:10 pm

Steve

Will definitely try and catch up this year! Certainly planning to be at one or both of the Croft rounds, shame that the northern circuit has been bumped at each end of the series by Silverstone but guess money talks Evil or Very Mad

Sadly dont think I will be able to witness your efforts behind the wheel but wow what a circuit to be scratching that itch at! Will look forward to your report and seeing your drives on the tv.

Chris
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

British Rallycross Championship 2018 - Lydden Hill April 2nd Empty Re: British Rallycross Championship 2018 - Lydden Hill April 2nd

Post  CDM Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:51 pm

Steve

I understand Harry Hill will be attending for a bit on You have been Framed!!??

Seriously good luck mate, all supporters dream of having ago themselves, it will all be over very quickly, so take time to enjoy every second of it!!

Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:47 pm

Harry Hill? What's the chances of that happening, eh?

I'm determined to enjoy (and remember) every second of it. A real 'once in a lifetime' experience. Yeehah! Hope you can get along to cheer (or laugh!). I am going to request competition number 101, which will look like 'LOL' or 'laugh out loud'. But at the same time, as it's a gift from my family for my 50th birthday this Sunday, it's also 'Lots of Love'!

Of course, I might not be able to get that number.... we'll see!!

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:31 am

steve nice one m8!!
just echoing comments above, hope you have a cracking day, im sure you will.....enjoy the experience, of such things memories are made...
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  CDM Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:37 am

Steve

101 excellent idea, so when you are upside down.....

Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:49 pm

Best of luck Steve - great opportunity! Will we see you taking over from Mr Block in WRX?
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:21 am

Thanks for your comments, boys! Much appreciated!!!

I hadn't thought of 101 working upsude down too. Thanks for that, Chris. Not expecting to give that a try!

Paul, I will only be taking up a seat in WRX 'in my dreams'! Rolling Eyes

Seriously, just delighted to be driving a fully prepped Suzuki Swift rallycross car in a day's racing as part of the British Championship at Lydden Hill.

There are two problems I foresee. One is I could be really useless and the other I could be really good.... and want to do more in the 1:1 scale models, which we can't afford to do.

I will be enjoying the day for what it is, a once in a lifetime day! cheers sunny bounce

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down