Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Criminal - but wouldn't you like to find this in your back garden......

+3
Hampton Caught
bmd
reeft1
7 posters

Go down

Criminal - but wouldn't you like to find this in your back garden...... Empty Criminal - but wouldn't you like to find this in your back garden......

Post  reeft1 Thu May 28, 2015 7:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Criminal - but wouldn't you like to find this in your back garden...... Empty Re: Criminal - but wouldn't you like to find this in your back garden......

Post  bmd Thu May 28, 2015 7:51 am

ah paul thats shocking!!! Mad ..... right, forum group buy? id volunteer to go over and check it out...... Twisted Evil
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Criminal - but wouldn't you like to find this in your back garden...... Empty Re: Criminal - but wouldn't you like to find this in your back garden......

Post  Hampton Caught Thu May 28, 2015 10:28 am

Amazing! How the Dickens did it end up like that?! scratch

One good thing, there shouldn't be much rust on it, which for a Lancia of that age is spectacular in itself, but what's there seems in reasonable shape. geek

The photo is three years old - I wonder if anything has happened to it since! Billy, you going to pop over and check it out for us and report back? cheers Take one for the team - excellent!

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  CDM Thu May 28, 2015 11:09 am

Steve

Your are right a very old photo more than three years old I believe.

Pretty sure this car has been brought back to Europe for restoration. I will ask Phil the Stratos man for a definitive answer.

Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Thu May 28, 2015 11:49 am

Doh! You might have lucked out on your trip to Africa, Billy! Rolling Eyes

Many thanks for the update, Chris.

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  CDM Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:06 pm

These articles are on the Stratos Forum.

They are not definitive in their reply..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Apparently there are two cars found in Africa. Both are rebuilt or being rebuilt

One car is in the UK and owned by Mr A….. there is a story behind this one……… The self acclaimed officionado of the Strato’s, Mr B had a Safari car registered as the original ……. However the car that is being restored has been proved by photographic evidence to be THE original….. so Mr B has landed himself in the sh1t

(I am just passing on the info I received - not wishing to be involved in any arguments whether the car is real or not I have removed all names)

Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Nice links Chris. Someone is a lucky fella to have secured that regardless of the confusing/contentious history.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:56 pm

good posts chris/paul, though i was just getting my safari shorts packed............. Sad   clown
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:27 pm

Thank the lord the car was already saved....
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Oooer!

The posts on the Lancia sites get a bit 'heated', doesn't it! Glad we all get along fine here. Hurrah!

I wonder if there will be any exotic 'barn finds' of rally models somewhere in the world in about 20-20 years time!!!! Rolling Eyes And will the boxes be around!?

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  CDM Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:31 pm

Steve

you spoke too soon..

I was at the World Cup Rally 45th show at Gaydon at the weekend.

The Jean Denton MGB the car she took on the 1968 London Sydney Marathon has been found in a garage that was about to be demolished. Where about 15 miles from where I live - damn!!!. The car was on a trailer at the show waiting to be restored

Amazing after all these years cars like this do still appear out of old sheds.

Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:58 pm

Amazing whats still in peoples sheds. Makes you wonder the story of why they were put away into storage in the first place, and then how they were forgotten.

I think in 15-20 years we will see a more cars being 'found'. I reckon a lot were hidden away here in Ireland when companies were going under/liquidators were rolling in/tax man came calling. Whatever the reason, should be great to keep seeing more 'barn finds'

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:39 pm

The photo looks pretty old and the metro in the background dates the pic to the late 70s possibly. Possibly an old recce car. The Chequred flag ended with up a Stratos found in Kenya too as a replacement for the wrecked/burnt out one-it became Stratos 2.
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:08 pm

Almost certain the Chequered Flag rebuilt their car from a tub found in Kenya after the original burnt out on Eppynt?

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down