Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

printer fault or paper issue?

2 posters

Go down

printer fault or paper issue? Empty printer fault or paper issue?

Post  bmd Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:22 pm

opinion pleae lads...
just printed off some basic decals on a single page, consisting of red pirellli logos and some black writing.....using clear paper as its going on a white model, and using my hp inkjet printer which has always been fine for the wee simple stuff....i gave the page three coats of clear lacquer as always and allowed to dry...just ten minutes after applying decals i checked it, the red in the pirelli has run, and even more strangely, the black writing has developed a red/purple effect under it.....probabaly going to have to redo them all...wondered if this has happened to anyone else? has the lacquer not been given enough time? or has my printer thrown a leg out? is the paper crap? any comments welcome ,,, cheers lads...
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

printer fault or paper issue? Empty Re: printer fault or paper issue?

Post  RORY O CONNOR Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:03 pm

You could always buy the OKI DP5000 I have up for sale on Ebay=closing tonight at 21 30. No messing about with lacquers or the ink running

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/223747076893?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:20 pm

hi rory, lol sorry m8 a bit above my level ........ usually no probs with my own and the other one i use for more technical or colourful decals, just never saw this effect before, where a black text runs with red ink through it,,its like i highlighted the black with the red lol!
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:07 pm

I don't use it with layering and vectors-just straightforward printing so it's not above anyone's level really
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:54 pm

oh right ok
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down