Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Domain issue

3 posters

Go down

Current Domain issue Empty Current Domain issue

Post  brian Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:33 pm

Hi everyone

I am aware of the domain issue at the moment. It happens around this time every year but its normally very quick job so usually not many people will notice, but this time its taking longer to resolve for some reason.
Every year the domain and the forum package needs to be renewed. Normally its just a case of buying credits and using them to extend the domain and forum package for another year.
This time however its taking longer for the purchased credits to appear to allow me to extend the domain.
No doubt they will appear tomorrow, but for the moment, we are stuck using the original domain provided by the company who own the platform we use.

Ted Creedon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Current Domain issue Empty Re: Current Domain issue

Post  Ted Creedon Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:38 am

Hi Brian,
I had a password problem, I don't know if it's related.
My details were saved on my laptop, so when I went to sign in my details are already there and all I need to do is click 'sign in'. Today, however, the log in name and password boxes are blank! Could I remember my password, or log in name? Alas, no.
When I went to 'Forget password' link, it would recognise my email, but not my sign-in name. I did, however, get a response from the site and was able to reset.
As I said from the outset, I'm not sure if it was a problem on my side or the website - hopefully mine.
I said I'd make you aware just in case it is a domain issue.
Thanks for all your good work.
Ted Creedon
Ted Creedon

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:46 am

Domain renewal has gone through as well as disabling Ads for members. Should be all set for another year.

For your issue Ted it would have been related, although not the password part.
I suspect the password was saved for our regular domain (diecastrallymodels.com) but the site wasnt using that domain yesterday and overnight, so your browser didnt recognise the original domain provided by the forum hosting company (forumotion.com).
I suspect you might have some issues today also, as we have our regular domain back. Your browser might try to populate the log in field with your old password.
Adding your new password should present you with a prompt to update your password stored in your browser

Ted Creedon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Ted Creedon Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:42 pm

All good now, Brian. Thanks.
Ted Creedon
Ted Creedon

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:58 am

Domain has been renewed for another year as well as disabling of ads for all members.
Ive also added on Servimg Premium to see how it works. It allows for scaling of images to 4 or 5 set sizes, as well as the ability to upload up 25 image in one go instead of 3 at a time. Hopefully it brings some benefit

reeft1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Speedy Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

Had the passed issue when I tried to log in yesterday even using the correct details, checked and double checked the details but no go. The site had gone to the mobile version on the phone, selected Web version as that's what I normally use, got logged in straight away, no issues.
Speedy
Speedy

http://www.peespeed.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down